As we put the pandemic behind us, many business owners are seeking new ways to manage their day-to-day operations. This includes whether to outsource Managed IT Services. While it makes fiscal sense to manage IT as a new business, it may not make sense as you add more projects and people. Keeping data private and secure, and out of the hands of hackers, is of utmost importance, but when is the right time to outsource? Let’s take a look.
What does it mean to outsource Managed IT Services?
Ultimately, if you find yourself spending more time on IT issues than you’re spending with clients, it may be time to hire out that service. Think about what an hour of your time is worth as an expert in your field. How much is it costing you to manage IT, presumably an area in which you’re not an expert? It’s likely you’re spending more time than you need, or frankly should, as your business changes.
Outsourcing Managed IT Services simply means you hire a team like YourITGroup to handle technology. With our flat monthly rate, you no longer have to worry about whether a call to the help desk will cost more. You will already know what is included in your package. That’s less stress in and of itself! Our clients tell us that hiring an MSP has lowered overhead costs and they’re more productive.
It’s time to outsource Managed IT Services IF…
- You’re spending too much money on IT. It may seem like a good idea to utilize an on-call service for each problem that comes up, but the reality is that this strategy can cost you more than if you hired a team to not only put out the fires, but one who can set up and monitor systems all the time.
- You’re not sure who to call for a new problem. Our team of experts has handled calls from a range of clients in different industries. That means when you call us, we have someone who can help.
- You are the IT trainer. If IT isn’t your primary function in the business, then get out of IT training AND if you’re training your “experts,” it’s time to consider another option.
- Workstations aren’t updated, upgraded, and secure. If you’re not sure the last time firewalls and antivirus software were updated, it’s time to call YourITGroup. Just one computer that isn’t updated can be the cause of a data breach. That breach can cause downtime and revenue.
- Business is vulnerable to security threats. When networks are cut and pasted together over time by people who are IT hobbyists, it’s likely that there are opportunities for hackers to get in and steal data.
Technology changes fast. You can’t be everywhere all the time and up to date on the latest in ransomware and cybersecurity. Let YourITGroup support your business. Our Managed IT Services offer a 24-hour help desk as well as round the clock monitoring to prevent breaches. Call us today to learn more.